How to Start Contributing to Textile Photos

Last week, I joined the Textile team as an engineering intern. I spent the bulk of the week setting up my development environment, reading documentation, and exploring the code for our awesome new photo storage and sharing application, Textile Photos. Since Textile believes in writing well-documented, progressive, and intuitive code, the setup process was fairly simple. Along the way, I learned the basics of Textile’s command line tools, how to setup a local development environment for Textile Photos, and best practices for contributing to our open-source repositories. If you’re interested in contributing to Textile (and you should be), here’s a simple guide to getting started, informed by my own experiences over the past week. For reference, I am developing on a machine running Windows 10 and testing the application on Android, but the basic tenets of this guide will be applicable to all operating systems and platforms.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.textile.io/how-to-start-contributing-to-textile-photos/