Textile is a lab dedicated to building and exploring new technology to help decentralize consumer applications. Our mission is to radically change the way people control their data with technology — we believe that the world’s most valuable future technology will be built on a new model where individuals have complete agency over the data they create.
We have become known for creating an early IPFS-based photo-sharing application, Textile Photos. More recently we have built a following around our suite of freely available tools to build apps more generally on IPFS. The suite of tools includes a decentralized database, real-time app data, communication tools, remote backup and recovery, identity tools, and encryption tools available over APIs and in cross-platform SDKs. Our technology already powers a diversity of applications from collaborative writing apps to patient-doctor chat apps.
From our work, we plan to support a network of applications, connected through interoperable data, that will allow users to own and control their data in a new way. Nothing like Textile has ever existed at scale before, and we now have the potential to rewire the internet and allow for new forms of apps and services.
We are a small, fully remote team aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and personal data.
Are you passionate about technology and want to have an big impact on its future? Then join us! Our passion, vision, and product make for an exciting place where self-directed, collaborative, good people will thrive.
As a Senior Go Engineer you will be responsible for writing and maintaining code on the Textile Go library. This role is for someone with strong coding experience. Your work will be open source. You will have ample opportunity to learn and contribute to the IPFS ecosystem. Our go-textile library is the main implementation of Textile’s wallet, decentralized database, and identity tools as well as the source of our core mobile frameworks. In this role, you will have the ability to make major contributions to and help drive the direction of Textile.
This is a remote only position. We are looking to fill this position soon.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- 2+ years Golang experience.
- Skilled communicator with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- Self-starter with an interest in influencing and making key product decisions.
- Open source project experience.
- Familiarity with IPFS or related technologies.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- Contribute to technology on the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- Entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy in the core Textile library.
- Open source.
How to apply
Email your resume to [email protected]